Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Dr. Appt tomorrow

I don't know why, but I am simultaneously anxious yet excited and overall apprehensive about tomorrow's 6 week postpartum check up.
I mean, c'mon, it's not like she's going to work a miracle and bring the baby back, duh.
Imagining....imagining....fall maybe?

In my previous post I talked about how I feel when I think about Jessica and have come to the conclusion that I think of her, like my mom's mom who died when my mom was 12 years old. This woman was adopted and in foster care (I'm assuming based on the several first and last name changes), married a farmer and lived on a farm in Wisconsin, and then proceeded to pop out 12 kids in a span of less than 20 years from the 1940s to the 1950s. Man, what must that be like? She must have some wisdom I'd think. It is funny to think that in those days, it was common for women to die in childbirth(which she didn't, by the way she died of a heart condition which they think is genetic) and also the children to die very early on. And yet, this women seems to have beaten the cosmic odds.

hmm?

4 comments:

niobe said...

That appointment was very hard for me. Everyone else in the waiting room had their babies. I have never felt so isolated and alone.

Hoping yours goes better than mine did. And, really, there's no reason it shouldn't. Fall sounds good.

kate said...

As niobe says, the appt was very hard for me. I was excited for mine too, even though i knew we weren't going to get any answers. Which we didn't. The doc was gentle but the receptionist was, shall we say, not clued in to my situation? So that sucked.

I will be thinking of you. Oh, email me for access to my blog if you want it, sorry i had to go invite only.

The Goddess G said...

The 6 week appointment was hard for me as well...and like Kate I got a clueless receptionist. Keeping you in my thoughts.
~Carole

AJW5403 said...

I would not say I was excited for my check up after I lost my Daughter. But I was very ready to get there and talk with the Doctor. I had all the answers about my baby but I wanted to know when I could start trying again.