Sunday, July 29, 2007

Taking the Plunge

I'm going to relinquish control. Not really "control" per se, but my thinking that I am in control of certain things that are clearly NOT in my control

Other goals for the week:
-Give up coffee and other heavily caffeinated beverages
-Work hard on food monitoring (going to try and stay w/in 1300 kcal since my weight-loss has stalled out a bit
- Try and only have my glass or two of wine one day at the end of the week (instead of a crutch)
-Make more vegetarian meals and not take the "easy way out"
-Start lesson planning
-Clean the house (maybe even get to some of those "non maintenance" projects)
-Read more rather than sitting on my laptop for hours at a time.
-Work harder at the potty training for AC
-Be a more interactive parent, rather than sitting and moping while he watches the tube

Okay go.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Great goals!

Brenda said...

Good luck with the goals.

Hugs
xxx

BasilBean said...

Wow, those are some inspiring goals! Just the one about relinquishing control is enough to keep me occupied for...well, more than a week. In fact, that is one of my big goals/challenges that I am working on right now. I did manage to give up the caffeine. It was on my "to do" list for a long time and finally I just went cold turkey. Good luck meeting your goals and try not to be too hard on yourself in working to reach them.

Mrs. Collins said...

Ditto basilbean. Not fighting control is the most difficult to me. I've given up caffeine sorta. I drink decaf lattes and decaf sodas. I'm not sure that counts because I still have to have coffee. Good luck!

The Goddess G said...

These are awesome goals.

I have such a hard time with the control thing. My therapist says that I'd make a good traffic cop. lol
~Carole

AJW5403 said...

Good luck with all the goals you have set. I stink at trying to meet goals I have set. I always seemed to get sided trakced some where.