AIL: Are you going to the baby shower tomorrow?
Me: No
AIL: Why not?
Me: *pause* I'm just not ready
AIL: Why not?
voice inside my head, screaming: BECAUSE I LOST MY BABY DUMMY!!!!
AIL is my aunt-in-law
Today was like being bombarded with popcorn...one kernel thrown at you doesn't hurt that much...but a whole mess of kernels thrown at you all at once, well, it hurts, Damnit!
Friday, August 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I for one am glad you are not going. I lost my DS a year ago and I haven't been able to deal with the thought of a shower. And that includes a shower for me now! I'm sorry these people don't understand. I wish there was some way to make them, but nothing comes to mind.
(((hugs))) I still can't go to baby showers. I'm sorry your AIL didn't get it.
Don't you just love when people are clueless? It's hard, because it seems so obvious. I sometimes feel I will never attend another shower before the baby is born for as long as I live. I think I would be sitting there, wondering if the baby is gonna get to use that stuff. How festive is that?
I'm with ms. g. The very idea of a baby shower seems horrifying to me. But maybe, someday, I'll be able to see things differently.
Also, AIL seems a bit, uh, thick. Which part of "I lost my baby" is too hard for her to understand?
Willfully oblivious people get my goat every time. It's not like she is a random passer-by-- she is family for pete's sake.
And yes-- baby showers and me are not so much friends so far.
She sounds like my husband. I don't think people can process, just because you get out of bed everyday, and don't act like a "crazy" person, everything must be A OK.
Post a Comment