Friday, October 5, 2007

"It doesn't matter which way you go", said the Chesire Cat.


The most important thing in my life right now are the people I love and that love me. I wish I could wrap my arms around them and we could live in our own little harmonious world, tucked away from all the dangers and disappointment we call life.
I guess I have some perspective now.
Thoughts I used to have, have been replaced with other, more wiser thoughts. Feelings I used to have, have mostly been dampened, much the way a dampener dampens a drum. Beliefs I used to have, are weak at best, and are no longer black and white, but gray and blurry. The way I thought I universe operated was in fact, proven incorrect. So down the rabbit hole I went, as if a new world was opened up, and yet, I cannot make sense of it all.
I do feel like I am in wonderland, where things don't act or do what I keep expecting them to.

I pity those who have never been through the looking glass or fell through the rabbit hole....

That is, I pity you when I am not busy envying you.

3 comments:

thrice said...

hmmmm...I definitely pity, but maybe I envy too, I'm not sure. Those people tend to not have depth, texture or whatever. I have little interest in those people.

Mrs. Collins said...

Ditto what thrice says. On the one hand I envy them and wish I too could think that "bad things only happen to bad people". But now I know how fickle the universe truly is..and yet I've gained a new appreciation for those things that I have. An appreciation others lack.

Julia said...

I envy the ease, the ability to make plans and believe they will come to pass. But it also seems to me that one almost has to be willfully ignorant not to see all the bad things around, and willfully unthinking to believe they can't apply to themselves. So yeah, I don't like hanging with people like that. I can't handle it.