
It's comforting to know at least one person wants to walk in my shoes (maybe not a mile)
These days, it really is the little things and just being "present"
Walking in the crisp fall air. Feeling the warmth of sun on my skin, contrasting with the slight chill of a breeze as it lightly brushes the little hairs on my arms.
Smelling the leaves as they dry and fall off the tree, rotting on the ground.
Being present.
Try it.


3 comments:
The picture is just adorable.
I have to say that I've always had a lot of difficulty with the concept of "being present." It's as though I don't really live through my senses. Instead, I use them to gather information, which goes straight to my all-too-active mind, which immediately starts considering, evaluating, comparing, analyzing.
How do you manage to turn your mind off?
It is a lot like meditation. You train your mind to turn off by focusing on only one thing. You can start by noticing your breath. I guess it is just a mind training thing. I try and break down all the sensorial information I am gathering and just be aware of it, rather than interpreting it.
I find it brings clarity.
i just ordered a book today called "peace is every step" and i hope it works. i'm so all over the place.
i hope I can work IT. because i think you're right.
ps- your boy- THAT HAIR!!!!
Post a Comment