I just don't feel like the snarky comments and responses to careless words are needed anymore, especially amongst friends.
It's like that fire that was lit and was so bright
is now an ember and smoldering.
I'm to the point where I just want to let it "be"
I don't feel a need to "correct" anyone anymore. They all have forgotten and somehow that doesn't seem to bother me anymore because I have not forgotten and that is all that matters.
Let it be. I guess I must be closer to that "peace" part I read about. How strange I never thought I'd get here, especially so soon.
When I find myself in times of trouble, mother Mary comes to me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be
And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree,
there will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted there is still a chance that they will see,
there will be an answer. let it be.
Let it be, let it be, .....
-The Beatles
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I agree. As long as I remember my baby it doesn't matter who has forgotten her. It still is nice though to be reminded that others remember too.
Love the song too.
so, what's left after that? sadness? or does it really feel peaceful?
I haven't let go completely, because I still correct, at times. I look forward to the time, that I can stop completely. Where the only expectations, I have are for myself not for anyone else.
This post reminded me of this quote, "Ah, if only you knew the peace there is in an accepted sorrow."
-Jeanne De La Motte-Guyton
I completely agree that sometimes peace can be found when you find yourself able to "let it be." Four years after my loss, I have to let it be all the time.
I find it changes, moves back and forth, and some days it's one way and others-- precisely the other.
Post a Comment