Tuesday, November 27, 2007

*That* Smell

Today it's missing that smell of soft receiving blankets,
A warm being inside, sleeping peacefully
Little pastel onesies all folded up nicely
Baby socks that don't stay on kicking feet
The smell on the top of the head of peach fuzz that intoxicates

And why does my mind wander every time I see a little pink spotting mid-cycle?
Luckily, I don't have anymore PTs to torture myself with (and yes, I'm on BC pills again so this isn't a possibility)

3 comments:

c. said...

Oh, that smell. I can close my eyes and almost remember it. How I wish we were experiencing it now, with the babies that should be here with us.

Julia said...

There are many things to miss. That smell is certainly one of the powerful ones. I am sorry.
And the cycles of the body-- nothing more intimately tied to our babies than our bodies. And that gives these cycles, these bodies, the power to play with our minds.

thrice said...

It is one of the most beautiful scents. And the testure isn't that bad as well.