I think I am a closet hoarder (pun intended) of little baby girl clothes. It has become a compulsion. I see cute baby girl clothes and I have to look, hold them up, imagine....
Except now I know two people expecting girls. Which gives me the "reason" to actually BUY the clothes....
Once purchased and home, I then have the compulsion to KEEP the clothes for myself...you know, for the next baby.
So today, I gave my coworker an early baby gift (she's due in June). But I couldn't just let them sit in my house because it'd increase the chance I would sneak into the garage and put them away into a box.....for later
She thought it was so sweet....and HOW THOUGHTFUL.
But I know the truth, and so do you, that I have an addiction to the baby girl clothes....you know, for the daughter I imagine having.
(and on a side note, she was really surprised because she just thought that would be a very hard thing for me to do, being that it hasn't been a year, and she has done everything to not flaunt it in my face, and I thank her for that)
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Serial hoarder? I think there are worse things than that. Strangely, I can't bring myself to look at baby clothes - girls or boys - at all. I see something and then quickly change my gaze. My denial tendencies are far-reaching.
That was very nice of you to give your co-worker that gift. Very thoughtful.
Im thinking that maybe your 'girl clothes hording problem' might be a good sign. It means you can see yourself having another baby that lives. I think thats a great thing. Im sure if your next bub is a boy he will look very cute in pink. :)
I think its really nice you were able to give your friend a gift for her baby.
Hugs
xxx
ever since i became convinced i really wanted to do this thing (possibly maybe), i've been nervous of having a girl again. i think having a boy would be easier, easier to differentiate and not risk imagining i have her back. not that i have a choice at all.
**sigh** baby girl clothes break my heart. i'm glad that you were able to give a lovely gift to your coworker, and especially that she's been so sensitive toward you.
I can't even go near baby clothes or anything baby orientated. Especially if it's for someone else's baby.
I think like Brenda says it's testament to the way you see your future. Hoard away!
I haven't gone near them but whenever I head to the store I stare wistfully at the baby gear isles.
So glad your friend was appreciative in all the right ways :)
Post a Comment