Monday, April 21, 2008

Hope...

They say it's good to label emotions as they come to you and today, I am feeling hopeful.
I can almost imagine being pregnant again, and feeling happy about it.
The next couple of days will be the last few little pills that will end the control over the regime keeping my cycle in check.

Ideally, I guess, I will have 2-3 cycles before TTC.
When I talked with my doctor last about this, she said when we do decide to TTC,after 2-3 natural cycles to make sure my body is producing the natural hormones to stay pregnant and support pregnancy, to just go about it naturally for a few months to see what happens. She said not to touch the pee sticks or the kits, or the thermometer, or chart, because I will stress myself out and go crazy.

I thought she was crazy at the time, but now, I am just in a place where if it is meant to be, it will be meant to be.
She said if after 6 months of that, and no result, then we could do tests if I liked, but that she didn't think I would have a problem getting pg.
Both pregnancies before happened that way, just came to us when it was time, so why not this? And so I will take my doctor's advice after all.

This will be an exercise in patience. And if, among so many things, I have learned through this process of being a mother to a living and an angel child, is patience.
Something happened around the 10 month mark (after the awful 9 month mark) that just clicked. If it is meant to be, it is meant to be. Everything leading up to this point has happened regardless of my wanting it to, or not wanting it to. It just happened.
Life is to be lived, to be experienced, to be cherished. I don't have the answers and now, I no longer seek the answers. The answers will eventually present themselves.

Things are so clear.

I feel like once I stopped trying to figure everything thing out (which is maddness, by the way) and just went along, it is only there where there was peace.
I have no control over the events to come....and honestly, I never did.

To live is to go through hardship because the act of loving something or someone will ultimately at times, lead to hardship and disappointment. But how joyous it is to love...however brief. Even now, my tears well up in my eyes with that statement. I feel so glad to have known her, even if only for a brief 9 months. To feel her, to love her with all my heart in the way that mothers do.
It is so hard to say goodbye, but we have the memories, and the love. The love will never leave our hearts.

Jessica, I am so thankful to have known you, and loved you. Thank you for that opportunity, I am eternally grateful. So many things you have shown me. But mostly how love never dies, even when people pass. Love remains. Thank you my darling

And just that I feel I have made peace with the past, I feel I have also made peace with the future. I hope to be pregnant again. I hope to bring home a baby. It is my hope, but I know this is not guaranteed.

I now understand why peace and love and hope go hand in hand. I'm not entirely sure how I came to this place, or even how to exist in this garden of love, but I know that life goes on, because love does. So I'll trust love with all my heart.......all of it.

7 comments:

Julia said...

I am glad you are in such a peaceful place.

YummySushiPjs said...

I am so happy to hear this. I am so glad you feel hope again. This is a new start for you and I think it is going to be so good for you and your family.

This post is just beautiful.

c. said...

H is right, this post is beautiful. I hope I can get to a place where you are. It sounds like a very good place to be, indeed. Looking forward to seeing how the next few months go for you, missing_one.

Coggy said...

I hope that for you too. Patience, you are right it is the key. I can confirm that the whole OPK and temp stuff does indeed drive you crazy, don't go there if you don't have to.

For me the biggest lesson learned in all this is that so much is out of my control. I just have to look after the little things and for the big stuff. Well I think hope really is about all we have. We can hope and believe that one day we will get pregnant and bring a baby home. One thing I know for sure is that it won't be when I chose it'll be whenever it happens to happen.

I realized recently that I can't figure this situation out either. My homeopath asked me if one day I thought I would make sense of all of this. I said no I didn't think this was something you could make sense of, you just have to accept it. That just came out without me thinking about. I thought about it a lot afterwards and I think it's right. I have thought about all this from every angle and it is madness, there are no answers as to why.

You sound so well, I'm so glad that you've reached this place. I know it's probably felt like an age for you, but it seems to have gone by so quickly.

Antigone said...

You do sound at peace.

niobe said...

I think that if you can't trust, then you can't truly love. I'm glad you find yourself in a place of calm and peacefullness.

AJW5403 said...

I am so happy that you have found peace in all of this. I wish I could get to the place you are at. It still has not come to me. Although I think I am closer then I was before.