I received the following email tonight from the co-director of the mother's club I am affiliated with (names have been altered or deleted):
Hi Missing_one,
You had previously expressed interest in the Treasurer role and actually backed out for this current year. I’m contacting you to see if your situation has changed and if you would like to take on this position next year which begins on Sept. _. I have cc’ed the current Treasurer in case you have any questions on the role.
Thank you,
----
to which I replied, trying to contain my anger:
Hi -----,
After mourning the death of my daughter last year, I have decided that I need to continue to focus inward on my family.
I don't believe this situation will change soon.
Thanks for thinking of me.
Regards,
Missing_one
Are you F---ing kidding me?
This person brought me a meal when we were in the midst of grief. I sat there, while she breastfed her infant in front of me. I sat there because I thought she wanted to hear my story. Yeah, I backed out. I f---ing backed out! No my situation won't change. It will never change! Argh, I am so angry I could punch her in the stomach. Which is saying something because I am not a violent person.
You all get this, right?
edited to add: and to torture myself further, I keep opening up my email and reading and re-reading it
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
"Backed out" ??? the nerve! I am glad you wrote what you did. She is clueless and insensitive!
that was so poorly worded on her part. I liked your response though. Hopefully she will get the point, although she may be too clueless.
It's scary how much people just don't get it. I don't know whether they forget about the situation or whether they expect us to have gotten over our dead babies. I wonder if she'll respond.
Yeah she didn't have to remind you that you backed out. That was rather insensitive. She could have simply said at one point in time you expressed an interest, are you possibly still interested for the coming year. How rude. Your response back was perfect. Sorry about the mean people out there.
((hugs))!! Such insensitivity! Totally brainless too... I am so sorry. I will probably ban her email from my computer.
I cannot imagine the degree of mindlessness and insensitivity it took for her to approach you even if she had remembered bringing you the meal. This is precisely why death education in our society is so crucial.
I am just very, very sorry she did not offer you the compassion you deserve.
Post a Comment