Monday, September 22, 2008

Some days..

There are some days where I am reminded that my heart is still indeed broken. On days like today, I sit watching other moms and kids, toddlers, babies, and remember how my life was. I remember how I used to be at home with A and pregnant, baby inside kicking. I remember feeling so overwhelmingly fulfilled.

On days like this, I want my old life back. I want to wake up in the morning and start the day with A and not have to go to work, not have to deal with whatever BS the kids try and dish out that day. Not having to worry about lesson plans or questions I can't answer or how to I'm going to deal with the kid who pushes my buttons, or the boss who has no idea that everyday I come to work, I am thinking there must be something better that I am good at, something that I will want to come to work each day.

Making the decision to go back to work last fall was absolutely the right decision. I got out of the house and was productive. I don't know what I would have done or what sort of mother I would have been to A if I were at home all day with him and left to sulk around in a daze.

But on days like today I just want the only thing on my mind to be family. To be being a mom to A, and obsessing over having a baby, getting housework done, and making meals. I think about that life and what it would have been to have that perfect family. Now there are more questions: career, fertility, health.... Are we predestined or do we determine our destiny?

I want my old life back. But I cannot go back, so the question becomes, how can I change it? What is in the cards for me? What will happen next?
I hate everything being such effort.

Me: "mommy needs a hug today"
A: "okay mommy" (hugs)

My band-aid for now.

5 comments:

Stacemoe said...

I am glad you have A there to comfort you and give you that hug when you need it....it is so hard to be patient and wait to see what the future will unfold...I am praying and thinking of you.....

Tash said...

I think we all get those days. What I hate is how easy they were in retrospect.

Hang in there.

c. said...

I'm glad you got that hug, missing_one. Most days I want my old life back, too. I still find it completely unbelievable that this is my life, that he died, and that I must just continue on without him. It just seems a bit impossible, and yet here I am

I'm sorry you're having one of those days. Thinking of you...

Ya Chun said...

sweet baby A

Coggy said...

I just wanted to stop by and say hey and I hope that you are having a good day rather than a some day today.

Some days it all does seem so hard and so beyond me still. I feel like I can't cope. The days pass though and I'm relieved those days don't linger too long now.

Thinking of you x