
I find I cannot visit the darkness anymore. I choose not to. There is nothing to be gained from going there and falling into the downward spiral of darkness, sadness, self-pity. Nothing.
And so I plug along, like a train plowing through the darkness, working through the night to get to a destination unknown. I need to keep moving FORWARDS.
When I find the demons whispering words of darkness, I go back to that place in Hawaii, where we rented a beachhouse and spent time together on the warm-pale sandy beach, watching the whales and turtles swim off in the distance, my son searching for creatures in the tidepools.The feeling that you are on an island, away from everything known, everything to be planned. There is only that moment. And the moment is calm and peaceful, warm and content.
Yes, there is joy in feeling peaceful and content.
My island will always be there, centering me. And for that, I am eternally grateful.


7 comments:
Nothing wrong with directing your thoughts into positive territory. Probably something I should try too! Somedays are easier than others, that's for sure.
It's good to have a go-to place. It settles the soul, just for a moment. Mine is our cruise to bermuda.So - Island again, I guess.
i always think of this picture- you with your blonde hair swirling around- when we email. i love it. it really is peaceful, serene, even knowing...what we know now.
what abeautiful place to have.
It's all very hopeful, isn't it? I'm glad you have that moment to focus on, to remember. I think we all need something like that.
What a beautiful picture. That's a wonderful memory to recall in times of sorrow.
You're right. It's so easy to spiral into a world of negative. Keeping such peaceful thoughts can only be a good thing.
It is such a beautiful picture.
Post a Comment