By the count of my last regular-like period, it should be CD 56.
I had weird spotting for about 5 days between days 31 and 35.
Day 34 I had a positive OPK and day 36 finally had EWCM. My temperture surged the next day, then dipped again, then surged again and was up for 3 days. I stopped temping at this point.
I keep POAS and nothing.....I've been doing both HPT and OPK just in case...and nothing. No AF, no LH surge, no positive HPT.
Does anyone have a clue what could be going on?
Of course my fear is maybe something did conceive but I don't have enough hormone for it to show up on an HPT and maybe I'm just waiting around for another miscarriage. Or maybe I didn't ovulate at all.
Or maybe the spotting was a period?
argh....frustrated.
Edited to add: FUCK THIS!!!! I just called in my prescription for BC pills. I'm taking progesterone for a week so I can have a period and then taking a few months off to get my cycle regulated again on BC. After that? we'll just have to see. I'll probably make an appt to see an RE and have them do the whole workup.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Was that the first OPK you did? on day 34? Because if it was high before then it wasn't a spike you got, but rather simply high LH. No spike--> no progesterone trigger--> no ovulation, and no period. I had that happen last year. THe only thing that doesn't fit this hypothesis is the EWCM.
But if I am right, and LH is not high now, you might be stuck for a while with nothing to trigger a change in your state.
There are a couple of things you can do. If you can see a doctor to get blood numbers, that would be good. If you can't, maybe you can just try progesterone-- a week on and a week off, and see what happens. If you have conceived, progesterone isn't going to do anything to it, but if not, taking it for a week will simulate a rise following ovulation, and then the week off should be enough to trigger AF.
That's all I can think. Maybe someone else has a better idea...
thanks Julia! I think the progesterone is a great idea
I know nada about this but I am with Charmer..it just sucks. It should be easy, you deserve easy. I hope the RE gets it figured out and gets you knocked up, soon.
xxoo
sounds like it is time to go to doctor - and follow up with RE.
ging back on BC will just artificially re-regulate your systema nd once you go off to TTC again you won't be any further ahead!
well, true, but all three times I was pregnant I was either on BC or it was the month I came off. I think it's my best bet right now
I don't have any words of wisdom, but wanted to let you know I am thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers....Praying you get answers soon.
So sorry you are dealing with all of this. I think the BCPs are a great idea. I'm thinking of doing the same thing.
I don't have anything else to add to what the other ladies said, but could it be a simple cyst? I have had that many times...follicle didn't rupture, etc. My cycles ended up being really long. Progesterone helps shrink them (that's an OLD medical therapy, and isn't done much anymore, but it seriously works.). Just a thought. Although you'll get the same from going on the BCPs.
Since I'm the kinda gal who gets her period on cd 24, a mere 9 days after ovulation, I'm of no help. My instinct though (after reading about a billion similar tales which makes me an expert, wouldn't you know) is that you did not ovulate when you thought, but later; or you're in an anovulatory (sp?) cycle.
sorry. Blows.
Ugh, I had a similar cycle a few months ago, I nearly went batshit crazy. I'm sorry.
I'm sorry you're going through this. I got pregnant the first month after going off BC pills when I got pregnant with William and hoped the same would happen this time. Unfortunately, my hormones had been through so much in the two years between TTC that things weren't so easy. When I was (sort of) in your shoes I went straight to the doctor. My OB was able to find a solution, but if he hadn't done so as quickly as he did I would have been off to an RE as well. Of course you need to make the decision that feels right to you, but I couldn't stand waiting any longer than necessary and didn't want to try to sort it out on my own.
You are, as always, in my thoughts.
I'm with the others on the RE. Go see him and make them sort this out. I don't think going back on BC pills will help either. I think it will just delay you getting this sorted. I know you said that the last 2 times that has worked, but this does sound like your body needs to get in balance again by other means.
Post a Comment