I don't know if I posted about it, but I gave up my fancy gym membership in September and opted to by an Elliptical. I love the machine, it allows me to increase and decrease the resistance and incline. I have been using it pretty regularly, about 5-6 times per week, and it is so convenient. I now don't have to miss out on quality time with Dh in the evenings because we can watch our shows while I work out.
But I've been thinking I need to add some strength training to replace the Pillat.es Refo.rmer machine I used to work out on at the gym. So I bought this NY Ba.llet DVD and I think it is actually a DVD I can stick to. It has the floor work I love when I take dance classes, plus some abdominal work and stretching. I did part of it tonight for about 45 min after my 30 min of cardio on the ellipital and felt good. Dancing feeds my soul. I hope maybe by integrating this into my routine 3-4 times a week, I will not only tone and strengthen, but feel a little better too.
Here's hoping anyways...
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Sounds like a great plan!! Wish I had as much motivation as you do!!! Hope you have a great rest of the week.....
This sounds nice. When I was doing DVDs (and tapes before that), I really liked The Firm. If you are looking for even more variety, that is...
That sounds great!! I'm glad you've found something that can really make you feel good. That's more than half the battle. (And I'm totally with 'ya on the elliptical. Best purchase I've ever made!)
Good for you! And that DVD sounds fun! Which reminds me, somewhere I have Yoga for Abs which I should dig out . . .
I'm back in no workout mode. Maybe I should pick up that DVD, although the thought of me prancing around in my basement, all un-coordinated-like, doesn't exactly have me running to the fitness DVD section at the store.
Do you think running around to buy Christmas presents counts as exercise? XO.
Post a Comment