
There was an angel amongst the glee
She perched up there, upon the tree
Her gown was painted white as snow
Upon her head a bright halo.
This angel only I could see
With mother's eyes, so lovingly
I could not touch, but felt her warmth
She pulled at strings upon my heart
Once in a dream she smiled at me
She wriggled and cooed so innocently
But when day came and I awoke
I knew she was gone, but then she spoke:
Dear mother please don't cry for me
For here I sit to watch over thee

Your eyes, I wipe away your tears
I hold your hand and draw you near
I love you more than words can say
I'm sorry that I could not stay
To open presents Christmas day.


8 comments:
What a sweet poem for Jessica. I love her ornaments, especially the one with her foot prints. So beautiful.
I love the footprint ornament. Beautiful.
I too love the footprint. Because their footprints are in fact everywhere, aren't they.
Someone lovely gave us an angel ornament for Maddy, which Bella hung up. I apparently don't have the time or intestinal fortitude to write about it.
It's perfect. The tree, the ornaments, and the poem.
((hugs))
This Poem is beautful...it brought tears to my eyes...The tree and Ornaments are beautiful. I know Jessica is watching over you. Praying for you during this Holiday season and always.....
Beautiful poem and pictures. I forgot you got Jessica's glass tree ornament. It's so pretty.
So beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
Oh. That's beautiful, missing. So beautiful. I'm so sorry, hon. XO.
Post a Comment