Saturday, October 31, 2009

Disguist...

We went to a Halloween party put on by BIL's family in which a real pregnant woman dressed in a bloody smock and had a bloody head coming out of her stomach.

I wanted to vomit. Needless to say, we didn't stay long....

I should have known when I was greeted by my five-year old nephew who was dressed in a bloody clown outfit.

I guess I am a prude when it comes to such things.

I went home and had my breakdown, it was all too much for me to even try and comprehend.

When did Halloween become so grossly morbid?

14 comments:

Stacemoe said...

That is the craziest thing i have ever heard...I am with you, I can't even comprehend it. Not to mention your own experiences, but even if that had not been the case, I think that is just so distasteful. I am so sorry. There is just no accounting for some people and their lack of judgment.
Continuing to keep you in my prayers!!!!

Beth said...

that might be the secondmost terrible thing i have ever heard. why would you DO that?! yea.. it's the most terrible PURPOSEFUL thing i have ever heard.

im so horrified that you had to witness that. im sorry :(

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

sorry..double posted the same comment twice by accident. although i think it's worth being horrified twice over.

Monica H said...

Why? That is so horrible? If her point was to say that it actually is a horrifying, nightmarish things, then yeah I get it. But I doubt those were her intentions. She wanted shock value and she got it. I'm sorry it was at your expense though. That is disgusting.

Amanda said...

I agree, that's gross.

I saw a couple Octomoms, which skip the gore, but are disgusting in their own right.

CLC said...

What was she trying to be? It's hardly funny. Even if I didn't have a db, I don't think I would think it's funny.

Anyways, I'm sorry. Hope today was better.

Tash said...

Well, of course I'm batshit, but I really really relate to Aliens now. So if she was going for that look, I'd probably laugh, and offer her a small beer just to see how casually she really was taking all of this -- nor would I be remotely hesitant to scare the shit out of her myself. However, somewhere in there is a fine line between Aliens and Rosemary's Baby, and I'm not really clear where it is in my head, but it sounds like she crossed it and then some.

Sorry you had to see that. This year for some reason I really tuned into the rampant and nonchalant joking about death surrounding halloween -- not sure if I'm in a humorous place there yet either.

erica said...

I'm sorry you had this encounter, and I'm glad you were able to leave early.

Hoping the rest of your weekend was better and that this week is gentle with you.

Bluebird said...

That makes me ill. I'm so sorry.

charmedgirl said...

walking around my friend's neighborhood this year i saw a gravestone (not so crazy) on someone's front lawn...and laying before it was a small skeleton. it was about the size of a full-term newborn. i couldn't stop staring at it, thinking about the baby i held...i almost had a panic attack. i was grateful for the emotion, but JESUS...a baby skeleton?? WTF???????

yeah, that woman at the party's got no fucking idea what she's playing around with.

Sue said...

I'm all for pushing boundaries and making people recognize loss and grief and pain. But really?

A costume seems to me to be a joke: Look, isn't it funny? I'm the devil? Look, isn't it funny? My bloody baby is dying as it's leaving my body!

Um. No.

Sorry you had that experience. I would have freaked the f*ck out.

~S said...

OK, I'll be honest...I read this DAYS ago and I just can't seem to figure out what to say. I have read it again and again, and it just makes me sick. First, I cried. Then I almost threw up. I'm so sorry you had to deal with this. *hug*

Ya Chun said...

yucko.

i don't think that people who ever gone through anything really gory will do fake gore for halloween.