You came into this world just like your two brothers, except quietly. I initially wanted a c-section. I thought the act of tearing you from my body fitted with how I felt my heart had been ripped out. But the doc knew best and I obliged. There was no labor, no pain. I waited for you to come and when you were ready, I gave two gentle pushes and you were out.
You were beautifully still and strikingly warm.
I saw you and named you Jessica Anne. We dressed you in pink and took turns holding you, saying goodbye to the hopes and dreams we had for you, our daughter, our granddaughter, our niece.
You forever changed my life. Forever changed the course I was on. I swam through the grief, sometimes almost drowning until the path was clear and I came up for air.
Your life and death has purpose.
And although the world forgets, I will not. You memory lives on inside my heart, locked and timeless with emotion.
Happy birthday precious one.

One year ago today, little G was conceived. My hope was tentative, but renewed. And now you bring joy to my life every day.


14 comments:
beautiful <3
I won't ever forget, either.
She's beautiful.
So beautiful , so heartbreaking.
Thinking of you, and remembering.
She's stunning.
xxoo
Remembering you today. Happy Bithday, sweet, sweet Jessica.
Love to you, missing. XO.
My heart breaks for you. She is beautiful.
She is gorgeous. Happy Birthday sweet Jessica! I am so sorry she is not here missing one. My eyes are all teared up knowing all too well how deep your pain still is and will always be.
Beautifully written...Happy Birthday Jessica. You will always be remembered. You are loved and missed.
Thinking of you and Jessica.
Your Jessica is so beautiful. Missing her with you.
Happy Birthday to your precious Jessica! :) Never forgotten! XOXO
"Your life and death has purpose."
Yes it does.
I'm sorry I'm late to this. Happy Birthday lovely wee Jessica. And peaceful birthday wishes to your family, especially your amazing mum. Thinking of you all.
Post a Comment