Sunday, May 27, 2007

Thoughts

So warm you were in my arms.
Daddy says I reached down to get you
I held you while they stiched me up
Mine

I'll never forget your face then
It was there I said goodbye
I look back at pictures taken then
Too pale
Lips too red
That is not how I remember you

I remember you there in my arms
Those first few precious moments
So warm
So perfect
Mine forever

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Beautiful!

Hugs
xxx

delphi said...

I remember those first moments when C. was born, when he was still warm from my body. It was beautiful, like he was sleeping. I couldn't understand why he wouldn't take a breath. He was so amazing.

I can tell you felt the same way.

The Goddess G said...

Just came here from the babylossdirectory. I am so sorry to hear about your precious Jessica. This poem touches my heart so much. Please know that I am thinking of you.
~Carole
http://thejourneyfromhere.spaces.live.com

Kim said...

I am so, so very sorry for the loss of sweet little Jessica.

Lori said...

Unfortunately I don't think pictures can ever do justice to how it felt to hold and see our little ones in our arms. I know mine don't. But I'm still thankful for them.