I feel like at any given moment on any given day, my son will be taken from me too.
And THAT is terrifying.
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Journey through this process has changed me in ways I never thought possible...
4 comments:
I feel this, retroactively.
((HUGS))
My husband had this feeling for a while. It got better, but not right away.
I had a thing where every night when I went in to check on Monkey before bed my heart would sink until I got used to the silence enough that I could hear her breathing. A therapist explained to me that I was reliving the moment right before the doctor told me that there was no heartbeat. Once he said that, it never happened again-- I go into her room every night to turn off her nightlight and cover her with a blanket, but my heart goes not do gymnastics while I am at it.
Wishing you better days ahead.
I felt this way for awhile. About my living son, and my husband. It got worse a month or two after Nicolas died, when my old dog died too. I became slightly unhinged for awhile. But then i rallied, and it got better. Of course i still fear these things but it is not that huge terrifying feeling.
I don't have a living child, but I feel this way about my husband - when he gets in the car or rides his bike. It isn't happening as often as in the first months, but it's horrible.
I'm thinking of you.
Post a Comment