The scene and characters:
Tot time, or rather, a hoard of typical mommy-types with one, two or three children, and possibly knocked up sitting around talking while their children play
Me: trying not to cry while they discuss the ins and outs of being pregnant. The ones that have just had another child giving advice to the preggos ready to pop in a few months
argh. My friend suddenly has the desire to point out cuteness happenings between our sons. I quitely nod, holding back tears, while she returns to the discussions. My son was calling out "joey joey come play, come play" *I guess it was cute*
I can't remember a time where I felt so overwhelmed with feelings of simultaneous suffocation and nausium---when I was wan't pregant, that is
Barf. double barf. sob sob. barf...get me out of here I can't breathe!!!
Next scene: the gym
While on the elliptical training machine thingy I am peacefully reading the People magazine from a few months ago while keeping my heart rate in the target zone so as to effectively burn fat (or so I'm told).
Me: Okay, this is good. I'm channeling my depression and feeling the testosterone. yay. Oh shit. It's the chick from Desperate Housewives with her twins. ....Suddenly I am overwhelmed with RAGE! I want to scream, I want to hit things. Looking around I think, "hell, this is a gym right? where is the punching bag?" Seeing none, I silently think, "If I punch this picture of her, as hard as I want to, will it break the machine?". I opt to not take the chance and instead decide to run a little faster until the damn thing screams at me to "slow down to keep target heartrate". Rawr.
Luckily, getting off the machine, the rage was gone. I felt somewhat normal again.
I never did like rollercoasters...this one seems to be one that's not letting me off yet.....damn
Monday, June 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment