Thursday, July 5, 2007

Neuroses

The baby is fine...the baby is fine....

A woman in my playgroup supposedly gave birth yesterday. The last post was at 8:30 am yesterday saying she was in the hospital with contractions 3 min apart. I kept checking my email for an update but DH said late last night that I probably wouldn't hear anything until today. This, of course, was sensible. So this morning when I still hadn't heard anything, I called my friend who had posted the news to the group. She said she had called her at 3pm yesterday and was told that she was pushing. Still no news, but of course I'm sure everything is fine. Why wouldn't it be? However, I have been obsessed with checking my email every few minutes.
Can I please live out my neuroses vicariously so that I will be less neurotic when I get pregnant again?

the baby is fine...why wouldn't she be?

edited to add: okay, just got a post, all is fine, mom and baby doing great

3 comments:

niobe said...

Every time someone tells me she's pregnant or talks about her pregnancy, I think "she's going to be completely shocked and heartbroken when her baby doesn't make it."

I've gone from assuming that having a baby die is something that just doesn't happen to assuming that it's going to happen to everyone.

Brenda said...

I dream all the time about how my next baby will die. I think a pregnancy after a loss will be so so so hard.

Hugs
xxx

Julia said...

I was a mess when my friend was giving birth two months after A died. And that last week before Kate had her babies? I kept checking her blog like a mad woman. Must've crashed he stat counter.
Completely normal.
But I am guessing it's not going to be any better when it's actually us. Sorry.