Wednesday, July 18, 2007

No Fucking Title

Yes Poor YOU! It must be so hard with an infant and a two year old. I don't know how you do it. It must be so draining with the around the clock feedings and changing dirty diapers every hour. Poor you, I'm sure you just can't manage to even make dinner. And oh yes, I remember being soooo tired all the time. I'm sure it must be even more exhausting now. Oh and haha, yeah , I guess it will take you a year to get off the baby weight like last time..there's no need to get rid of it sooner since you HAVE the baby to go with the weight.
And oh yes, and I'm sure it is so hard to go to baseball games now with an infant and a toddler. I can't even imagine. Damn, I guess those days are over now, eh? Yes, poor you.
Oh and poor YOU who is 8 months pregnant and can't eat sushi and drink wine. POOR FRIGGIN' YOU. Sure, we'll wait to have a sushi girl's night until you pop the baby out. What the hell. Oh and yes, poor you being so tired being pregnant and chasing after your toddler. It is no wonder you can't catch your breath.
Give me a Fucking Break!
Thinking about these things is so draining. I'm sick of being the one...
Nobody cares anymore and that sucks.
I'm at a loss. AND just because you and I both know that there are babies and pregnant women everywhere does not give you the right to say, "well, maybe you should just psych yourself up all the time, because you know wherever you go, there will be pregnant women and babies"
Yes, exactly. It's my fucking problem.
I want a do-over damnit

I think I'm done trying to be a SAHM around these people. I can't wait until fall, when I go back to work part-time. My face will be a lot less red do to the reduction of number of times it will be slapped on a daily basis.
At least this is my hope.
Fuck this.
(and NO I didn't go to the gym today)
edited to add: At about 8pm I HAD to go to the gym or something or someone was going to get hurt. I spent an hour on the elliptical trainer and was at the gym almost two hours. When I came home, I was way to exhausted to be angry.I told DH that I had to "work out my anger issues" and he understood. That's why I love him so much

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Sometimes the days can be so hard and overwhelming. Thinking of you...

Anonymous said...

My dearest.

Go easy. I can feel the pain in your words....please don't hang out with those mom's they can not understand the depth of your pain, and they sound very selfish and insensitive. I am sorry, I know you care for them...but take a break for your own sanity!

There must be a support group out there for you, with others who do understand and can reach out like you need people to reach out to you.

I wish we lived closer, I would spend so much time with you! You need people who really care and will listen to you, people who have experienced the loss of a baby...not those who are new moms or pregnant and complaining!

Brenda said...

Just when you think you are coping, you realise your not.
Im having one of those days today.
Life sucks the big one sometimes!!

Hugs
xxx

AJW5403 said...

As I read this post I want to write you something to make you feel better. But there is nothing I can say to do that. Please be kind to yourself. And I have to say this. You need to remove yourself from these mothers with the newborns. At least for a little bit. There was no way I could go around pregnant women or mothers and their new babies after my loss. Even after I got pregnant again after my loss I still could not stand to see them. Take break and only worry about yourself. It is time to be selfish for a little bit. Thinking of you.

The Goddess G said...

I know there is nothing I can say. These moms really suck...and I'm so sorry for all of this. They all deserve a beating...and I'm willing to help.
~Carole

Megan said...

I am so sorry – I've been exactly where you are. The difference is you are a nice person – I'm not.
But in the unsolicited-advice-from-a-complete-stranger category, sometimes giving yourself permission to be a bitch helps.
Like I've been ignoring the colleague I thought was a friend since she told me she needed time to "prepare herself" before looking at a picture of my beautiful baby.
And it actually feels kind of good to make her suffer.

Mrs. Collins said...

Hope you feel better now. Sometimes you just have to let it out. I've had those posts before. I feel tremendously better after it. Just try to let out the anger in good ways ( like the post or the gym...). I don't want you to keep it in and hurt anymore than you do. And BTW, reading your post helped me to let go of some of my anger towards women like that. Thanks.

Julia said...

I know I am late to this party (was out of town), but I just wanted to add my 2 cents on how selfish these women are. That their tongues turn in their mouthes to say these things to you is truly incomprehensible to me. They really don't get it. They think the worst things that can happen to them is whatever it is they are bitching about, AND they think that looking straight at you. Yes, take a break from them, hell, dump them altogether-- you really don't need them. And it sounds like they have been taking advantage of you and not offering you any support, so doubly so.
I get that people need to/want to complain. But there really are appropriate ways to do that, and completely inappropriate ones, and it doesn't take a genius to see which is which. But it apparently takes someone a bit brighter than these "women" you have been interacting with.

Elizabeth said...

I know exactly how you feel. One of my best friends just had twins. I've had to stop talking to her. She's always talking about how hard it is and how the rest of us will never understand how hard it is to have 2 babies - blah, blah, blah. My boys would have been 11 months apart. #1 would have finally came home of the hospital just a few weeks before #2 was born. Instead, I have #1's cremains on a shelf and a healthy #2. I would do anything to know how "hard" she has it.