Thursday, October 18, 2007

Pieces of me

Somedays I feel like a book who is missing a very important chapter. The pages have been torn out, torn up into a million pieces and now litter the ground. Once in a while a passerby will notice the pieces, but mostly it is the wind that picks them up, lifts them into the air, only to fall back to earth scattering again.
I can't help but wonder: "will the ending still make sense?"

What inanimate object do you most resemble?

6 comments:

Coggy said...

I've been thinking this morning about what inanimate object I'd be. It varies as to what mood I'm in, a rock, a clock marking time...
.. then I realized I'm a clothes hanger. With the clothes that are hung on me changing depending on what mood I'm in. It seems the person who owns the clothes hanger likes to change her clothes A LOT!

C x

niobe said...

Perhaps a croquet ball....

Mrs. Collins said...

I like your new interface. I feel like a beautiful empty vase.. maybe like a Waterford crystal vase. But empty. With so much potential. I hate to say that now that I have Andy, but it is still so hard to get over losing Jimmy. Maybe some day that vase will have flowers, but still I only feel like it is empty.

charmedgirl said...

i feel like a dead me; like a puppet of myself.

the ending will make sense, just like it makes sense when we go through divorces, move to new towns, etc...

and i hate that life will just fill in that space...like jumping into a pool of jello.

Missing_one said...

Niobe, you're so fun. I'm imagining you as a croquet ball, going through the hoops, sometimes missing, but always being batted around
I'm a very visual person.

thrice said...

Y'know I keep coming back to this post, because I want to give some clever answer, but I just can't think of one.

Maybe an amoeba, not much brain matter, but not totally inanimate? Maybe a balloon, just full of air?