Wednesday, November 21, 2007

How I Get My Groove Back....(hopefully)

I have now been on my supplements and new diet for 4 days and am really starting to feel pretty good. I happened to weigh my self last night (on an empty stomach) and was the same weight I was in August. So all my dieting (south beach) and regular exercise has gotten me nowhere. This really does indicate that my hormones are not in proper balance (that and cross-checking my cycles symptoms)
I have revised my plan a little to help me get my groove back. What I would like to see happen is increased energy, increased metabolism, weight-loss (20 lbs goal), stable mood (no depression), regular cycles, my sex drive back, increased strength, and a flatter tummy.

How will I attempt this do you say?
Well, here is my plan of attack
-vegetarian (mostly vegan) diet
-Eating 6 meals of around 300 calories each (as per this site per day
-limiting fat to no more than 50 grams per day
-supplements (FertileAid, Evening Primrose, Fish Oil, B complexes)
-40 min of low-intensity Cardio 4 times a week
-55 min Pillates Reformer classes 2x per week
-90 min Bikram (hot) Yoga classes 2-3x per week
-64 oz or more of water per day
-limited sugars, caffeine
-back on BC pill

My plan is to reach my goals at the end of 4 months, but realistically we have 6 before we TTC, so there is some time there if I need it.
I think this is do-able. Okay. Ready..Set...Go!

3 comments:

Coggy said...

OK I am exhausted just reading your exercises.
But I am going to check out the diet thing, I've been dieting and exercising for a few weeks now and I'm still the same weight, exactly. I think my body shape has changed but I haven't shifted any of the excess. Very demoralizing.
I'm going to have to try and get motivated to do more exercise but I'm still struggling to be motivated at the moment.
Keep us posted on the results!

thrice said...

I like it. A plan. A list. Just my speed.

Julia said...

Sounds pretty intense.
Watch for the "ka" foods if thyroid is a concern-- cauliflower, cabbage, etc. Eggplant too, I think.

Good luck!