Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Dream?

Sitting in the living room of an old high school friend's parent's house.
It seemed strange being there with him, his wife, and his mother.
The conversation was awkward. His mother asked,
"How's your baby?"
"What baby?"
"The new one"
"oh, she died"
"I'm so sorry"
After a few moments I left.
As I turned from the house, into the cool breezy air his mother caught up with me
"Wait. How are you? Have you sought help?"
"No"
As she points to something behind me, I turn to look. The air is a dark blanket around me.
I look to where her fingers lead. There is a little tombstone that reads "Baby Girl"
I feel drawn to this woman. I knew her for years, but never had anything in common with her before.
I awoke to a gentle rapping at my door, several times. It was six o'clock and everyone (me, DH and my son) were still sleeping. I should have been up 15 minutes ago.
How much of it was a dream?

Back from Disneyland. I survived. I'll post something tomorrow about it, hopefully

5 comments:

thrice said...

Welcome home. Is this woman someone that you can speak to? I'm not sure how much was real, if at all.

Julia said...

Welcome back.
I was wondering whether you had heard something, back in high school, that is now making its way back into your conscious mind. maybe not even this friend, but somebody from that part of your life. Or it could be nothing at all.

Coggy said...

Glad you survived Disney.
What a strange dream. I'd be interested to know if you do figure out where it came from.

x

c. said...

What a powerful, chilling dream. How did you feel waking up from it?

Glad to hear Disney was okay.

niobe said...

And did you ever figure out how much of it was a dream?