Thursday, December 13, 2007

Okay, a little late...

So Disneyland was ok. I did ok, especially the first day. The second day, I just got tired of the crowds, and the greed, and the materialism, and the fake snow, fake happiness, getting bumped into, run over, and surrounded by happy smiley people with kids and babies. Yes, babies. Why you would take your one or two month old to Disneyland is beyond me. I was not expecting that.
It was great seeing my son's face though. His favorite rides were the "scary" ones like the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Carribean. Who knew? Towards the end he started acting like all the other spoiled brats, so I am glad we left.
I tried my best not to eat too much, but truth be told, they only sell crap there. And finding something vegetarian, well, that was challenge as well.
Somehow, eating crap, I managed to lose a pound, keeping me on track with my weight loss.

All week I have been in catch-up mode (since we came back monday) and went back to work the next day. We have one more week until Winter break. It cannot come soon enough.

My holiday cards are sent. There are some people who I opted not to send cards to this year due to events that occured. Such as some people acting weird or absent when we needed them the most, or some who I invited to my shower and didn't come, and still don't know....I just don't feel like putting that in a holiday card. (they are photo cards so it would be immediately apparent the bun that was baking in the oven is missing)
Have I mentioned how sick I am of the holidays already? It's not that I am super sad this year, it is that I don't like the premise of the holidays. Buy. Greed. Stress. Glutiny.
Oh, and has anyone noticed that EVERYONE is PREGNANT right now? IRL as well as celebrities and online friends.......
I am counting down the days until 2008.

As per my last post, it was all a dream. I think it came from finding out my high school friend's mom just died (she was 52) from heart recovery complications and somehow I got to thinking about how this guy I dated back then told me of his baby sister that died when he was five. I've been dreaming a lot since we got back. The rapping on the door part I am fairly certain was NOT a dream. My initial thought that it was Jessica, telling me not to be late for work....but I don't know what's real or not anymore sometimes

Cards are sent out. Gifts are all purchased. Now I just have to wait.....like preparing for the storm, right?

3 comments:

niobe said...

May the holidays go quickly and easily for you.

Coggy said...

Everyone is pregnant now. I'm sure I can spot a pregnant woman a mile away.
I hope you enjoy the holidays as much as possible. It is all greed and gluttony and I'm not sure why we do it every year.
Christmas if for kids though I'm sure your little boy will certainly enjoy it.

c. said...

I felt the same way about Disneyworld when we went earlier this year. I just found out I was pregnant then so I was still living in the bubble. The whole fake happiness thing really perturbed me and the materialism and greed. Awful. Happy to hear your son enjoyed it and you could enjoy it through him.
Not sure what I'm going to be like during this holiday season. Like you, I just hope 2008 gets here FAST! I'm hopeful a new year will mean a better year...we'll see.