Friday, December 21, 2007

Holiday Rant aka Christmas Bitch-list

I hate the holidays. I HATE them!!!! and now I have even more reason to HATE them!!
I am so stressed out!
-Presents to wrap (thankfully they are all bought),
-relatives to "pencil in",
-getting presents from people when I HATE obligatory presents,
-feeling sick that I didn't get anything for them,
-not wanting to spend too much but then everything adds up and ARGH!!!!!
-I still have to clean my house for company,
-figure out what I'm taking/making to the potluck,
-worry about how/when I'm going to see my side of the family that doesn't live here,

-hating everyone who didn't send cards to us this year (including my two closest mommy friends, in fact, I haven't heard from them in a month, very shortly after one of them had her second baby boy) ARGH!
-Holiday eating-trying to be good because I want to lose weight,
-then slipping up because it's "there".
-trying not to picture how it would be like if she were here..

-dreading the family
-dreading the gift-giving/present-receiving

-Holiday crowds
-holiday expectations
-holiday fighting
-holiday driving
-holiday spending.


I hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I'll be doing some "holiday drinking" for sure
Bring on the Egg Nog!!! Oh wait, that's not on my diet you say?
Well, if it has alcohol in it, it cancels out the calories by default.

I'm just counting down the days until 2008...

6 comments:

c. said...

I'll count along with you, missing_one. Wine tastes especially good this year, I must say...

Jillian said...

AMEN! Right there with you. I'm loving the alcohol-cancels-calories rule too.

Coggy said...

I had one glass of wine too many last night and my head is feeling it this morning :o)
I said to DH last night that I'm kind of enjoying not doing Christmas. Normally my list looks like yours and this year stress free. I might make the Christmas Bah Humbug a regular fixture!
Roll on 2008.

a- said...

Sounds as if you're going to burn a zillion calories just by completing the tasks on that list of yours. :)

Lori said...

This is a challenging time of year under the best of circumstances. I am so sorry your baby isn't here with you.

And, ugh, the eating... I am trying hard too, but boy it is hard right now!!

Julia said...

Holiday drinking is high on my list of coping strategies.
Wishing you an ok road through this craptacular time to the calmer everydays of the new year.