....headed, I fear, toward a most useless place.
The Waiting Place...
...for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or a No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.
Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a sting of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting.
From Dr. Suess' Oh the Places You'll Go
Waiting for the mail to come....I'm obsessed
What are you waiting for?
edited to add: Yay! It came! And five cards came today!
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Happy to see you received some more cards :o)
I'm waiting for "normal" again. I'll be waiting a long time...
I'm waiting to get to the end of this year. The worst of my entire life (so far). I had to end it with that for fear I'll jinx myself and have a worse year.
No more cards here today.
Glad to see that the mail came.
I'm waiting for life to get a little easier. I know it will happen, but I'm not holding my breath (if you know what I mean!)
I'm waiting for the coffeeshop to open. I'm waiting for the snow to melt. I'm waiting for the days to start getting longer.
I'm waiting for this holiday season to be completely over..What a sucky time of year.
I'm thinking everyone's tired of sending me cards because I just recieved my first Holiday one yesterday:-(
Post a Comment