Alright, alright already! I've been tagged by charmedgirl to mindlessly bore you for the next few minutes.
The rules:
1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules.
3) Share six non-important things / habits / quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least three people.
5) Be sure the people you tagged KNOW you tagged them by commenting what you did.
1. I love to ballroom dance. LOVE IT! And, it seems I am good at it despite my parents telling me at the ripe age of nine that I "had no rhythm". (I also play 4 instruments, and sing so THERE! I must have rhythm of some sort!) I'm going dancing on Friday (I get out about once a month). Dh, however does not dance. So boo on him!
2. Before I met Dh, I had a list. You know, the list of things you want in a mate. Some of these were superficial, but who cares. The list was, "intelligent, witty, humorous, caring, blue-eyed, ambitious, and made enough 'dough' for me to be a SAHM". Who knew one person could have all that? So yeah, I bagged him.
3. When I was younger(grades 4-8), they would ask us to memorize and recite poetry. I was always the first and only one in the class to be able to recite all of the poetry (sometimes 50+ lines long) in front of the class. I was so good at this that in eight grade I accidently memorized the Gettysburg Address (Four score and seven years ago...). I still do it as a parlor trick. If I could only find some usefulness for this.
4. I have some psychic powers. I used to be more clarivoyant when I was younger, but it's still there to an extent. I see ghosts too.
5. I'm a closet vegetarian. The idea of meat creeps me out....but I can eat it if I'm not thinking about it. The minute someone starts talking about it, or raw meat comes onto the scene, I start to lose it. I don't enjoy the taste or texture either. I have been like this my whole life because I remember sitting there at the dinner table, cutting my steak up into a million pieces hoping nobody will notice I didn't eat it. when I started cooking the dinners at the age of 11, I would be making spaghetti meat sauce and scoop the 'juice' off the top as it simmered and put it in a separate container for my own sauce. It wasn't until later that I learned the word "vegetarian" and then later still when I learned it was not a dirty word.
6. In grades 1-6 we would have these mathematics standardized tests. Around grade 2, I stopped doing the math part because I realized the numbers were the same each time. So instead, I memorized them. I had all of the addition, subtraction, multiplication and division 100 answers each memorized by 6th grade. I always won the competition because I didn't do the math, I just put in the answers. Is this cheating?
I tag Erin, Melissa, and WannabeMom
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I've come up with some career options for your talent to memorize passages:
A)Actress
B)Spy
C)Identity Thief
D)Jeopardy Contestant
I'd love to try ballroom. I think my husband would laugh at even the suggestion of it. I surely would like to learn more about these psychic powers!
Now I want to hear some examples of your psychic powers in action. Someday soon I will admit to mine.
And no, that is not cheating. Perfectly acceptable way of dealing with elementary mathematics. Most people only memorize it within the ten and derive the rest, but I know at least one very good educator who advocates for making it fun for kids to memorize to 100.
Post a Comment