
I am not going in to work tomorrow. A is still running a high fever and Dh starts his new job tomorrow. I decided to run over to school and drop off sub plans and make copies for my classes tomorrow.
Upon finishing my task, after shaking the paranoia that came from strange noises and dark hallways, I decided I was craving food that is not a part of the diet I started again today. So what came to mind was that I needed a nice hot cup of Oolong Tea. This is my ultimate comfort tea that keeps me from snacking in the evenings. The problem was I was out of the tea at home.
No problem, I will stop at one of the many stores on my way home and pick some up. Store #1, where I usually buy the tea, was out (and none in the back). I decided to try next door at an herbal store. After combing the vast amount of teas in their selection I came across two options. One was a bag of Oolong Tea in loose leaf form for $14.99....hmmm...not quite. Option number two was a box of organic oolong in bags but.....they were out. After flagging down the guy who worked there and him taking the time, even though it was closing, to look upstairs, we concluded that they were out.
I jump in the car and notice another store a block away. I frantically browse through the unfamiliar isles to the tea isle. Nope, no oolong.
I get in my car and start to drive home. There is one more store that is close to my home; I will try there.
I get to the store's eerie parking lot. It is not in the best part of town, but I get a good parking spot (or so I though). I go to the door, just as they are closing one entrance. Foiled again! I must go all the way down to the other door. I know the lay of the store and go directly to the tea isle. After looking over each tea at least twice, carefully reading the label, I am beyond disbelief that they do not have Oolong tea.
One more thought...maybe the Asian food isle?
I almost run down there. "They have to have it", I think to myself. "This is insane, how can not one store have a simple Oolong tea?!"
I scan the contents of the shelf. Yes!! There it is! One brand, overly priced, but there it is!
I grab it and head out.
As I make my way towards the cashier I am CRAVING CHOCOLATE!!! And Look!! Valentine's Day candy for half price. I frantically grasp at a bag of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. I walk a few steps. "No! You have been so good all day!" "but just one or two" "no, you will eat half the bag"
I put it back and head to checkout.
I am now sitting in my chair, checking my email and hour later, and drinking my psuedomly rare Oolong tea.
I was frantic and obsessive, but in the end I feel I triumphed...and it's only day one.


3 comments:
Ouch, on the whole thing. The sick kid, the chase, the chocolates. But good on you for putting them down, and for finding the tea, of course.
Hope little one feels better soon. The sickies are so not fun.
One day is better than no days, babe. Good for you.
I need to find a good caffeine-free tea to drink. Dh (and my dad and anybody else who is fearful I might bear a dead baby again) has suggested I go off coffee before we start to try again. I don't know if caffeine-free anything is going to do a good job of replacing my morning cup of pick-me-up, but I guess I should at least try...but I don't have to like it.
oh loooooord...the first few days are the WORST...the ones before you really wake up and know exactly what you're going to eat and that it will be ok.
and YAY YOU for putting down the chocolate. once it's in my hand, i rarely put it down.
Post a Comment