Seven babies of people I am somewhat close to IRL have been born happy and healthy since Jessica died.
Two more due in June, and one in July.
I have very little doubt that they will all end up with happy endings.
Because babies just don't die...
They just don't...
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Wanted to let you know I am thinking about you and praying for you....
Sigh. I know what you mean.
No... they normally don't. However, the internet has taught me nothing if not that there are more of us out there than you're led to believe.
I wish we didn't know.
No they don't seem to outside of blog land do they? Everyone else I meet IRL seems to get to remain in the bubble, even when they've had tough pregnancies. Sigh.
I hear you. I think about this all the time.
I can't tell you how many times I have felt my loss was dismissed as a "twin thing." As though the fact that my pregnancy was somewhat higher risk to begin with mitigates the emotional cost. And yet I want to scream sometimes and point at all of the multitudes of twins all around me and on the magazine covers and say, "But look! Most twins survive! Most are born healthy and fine! I didn't deserve this just because I was carrying twins!"
Sorry for my own rant... I just hear you.
Except for ours. It is very unsettling to realize that most women get pregnant and then have a living child in their arms nine months later. Meanwhile we're stuck in this surreal existence.
I have to keep reminding myself that it just seems like they all do because thats what we read about.
Hugs
xxx
For me, there have been three born in the almost 6 months since Callum died. I wouldn't want it any other way, obviously, but my heart is broken every time I receive an email announcing an arrival. It's all just a little too fresh still. I wonder if it will always be.
Post a Comment