Friday, May 16, 2008

Thanks

Thank you all for remembering my Jessica. I think the hardest part about having a year's time go past is that people forget.
Some unexpectedly great things were the friend that wanted to take me out to lunch, another who just checked in (I hadn't said anything about the anniversary to either of them), the boss who asked how I was doing, the cooworker who thought I should take the time out for me that day.

I thought that after the diasterous Mother's Day I had on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday would be a piece of cake.
What finally got me was the eCard my friend sent me with a poem about my Jessica.
I cried, and then I looked through her things on the shelf, and then I posted her picture here.

I can't believe a year has gone by. A big chunk of time.
I am so emotionally exhausted this week (although to tell the truth, last week, overall was worse emotionally for some reason).
So much time......a lifetime

Most days, I am just coasting; taking the daily triumphs and failures in stride as they come along. Just riding the wave....

3 comments:

crazy beautiful mom! said...

I know exactly how you feel saying your just riding the wave. It's not even been 3 months since my Princess was taken from me. You are in my thoughts and prayers today.

I've just started my blog and put you on my blog roll :)

Coggy said...

I really can't believe it's been a year either. I can't believe 9 months is coming up on my horizon. Where did all that time go?

I'm glad that some unexpected people took time out to remember you and Jessica. It's amazing who remembers and who forgets. Really amazing.

As for coasting, yup, me too. Don't really have any big ideas or plans any more. Plans just seem so pointless these days. I just try and roll with the punches too. Maybe that is the way we're supposed to live, because who knows what tomorrow will bring. And it's more likely to be what we can't plan for.

c. said...

Sometimes I think that's all we can do. I'm so sorry that so much time has passed without her. I'm happy to know there were some kind people who remembered the anniversary and in turn reached out to you. The hardest part is knowing they've been so easily forgotten. It warms my heart to know that Jessica has not been. XO.