I have a post I've been working on in my head, but now, I need to declutter.
Things to feel bad about:
-having weird brown spotting for 3 days now....I guess the good news is it started on day 30 and not 45 like last month
-"Friend" with two toddlers who announced to me about a month ago that they were "trying " for their third...just told me today she is pregnant. My knee jerk reaction was to say "Congrats" ..then look away
-I'm sick.
-I am apprehensive about the holidays and want to escape to some tropical island
-I bit my nails off today
-Being sick makes me eat Carbs and I feel like a fat cow.
-My house is a mess
-In my head I wanted to tell a student what a "f-*king, lazy, disrespectful jerk" he was...but didn't of course
Is this my life now? Having very few things to feel happy about and the rest having some annoying undercurrent of crapiness?
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
At first I thought you wrote, "undercurrent of crampiness," and I guess I related there.
Feeling similarly. Takes so much work to be happy lately, huh.
I feel ya hun.
It is an undercurrent, and sometimes it resurges as a tidal wave...
take care of yourself
You have every right to complain. Takes too much energy to be positive sometimes. Maybe you should have told your "friend" expecting her third that she is a f-ing jerk. Would have made me feel better ;o)
You mentioned your cycles are long, could the spotting be a sign you are ovulating???
I've often siad I could never teach because I would likely be the one who actually DID say to a student all the things you wanted to say but were able to bite back.
I agree with C., about your friend, geez a little common sense and human kindness isn't too much to ask for is it? Maybe it is.
Thanks for letting me complain ladies. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks my friend was being a jerk.. And yes, she has known we are trying, and yes, she is one of the few people who knows about my miscarriage this summer
Dude... I can't even do "congrats," though largely as a matter of policy these days. "Good luck" is my phrase of choice.
But you have every right to complain. And your "friend" can go take a long walk off a short pier or somesuch. I bet if you ask her what she was thinking she'd say something about not wanting to feel weird around you. Well, great for her. So glad she can feel unencumbered.
Post a Comment