Thursday, November 6, 2008

Getting back to my roots...

...well, root vegetables anyways. I've almost gone two days without meat. Yay! I'm trying the fertility diet which reduces carbohydrates (which I already was doing), increases vegetables (which I was already doing) and limit animal products.
I have also miraculously switched from coffee to tea. Go me! I am also exercising consistently still at about 4 days per week for 40-50 min.

I'm trying to ignore the fact that it is CD24 and I haven't ovulated yet (last month was CD 31). But, since I am consistently ovulating late, is there something that could be wrong? I have had irregular periods my whole life-not too irregular, but mostly just longer than average cycles, like now.
I think I am doing everything right. I am eating healthy, exercising, taking vitamin and herbal supplements, and sleeping(7-8 hours at night and usually an hour nap during the day). So what is the deal?

I want to be pregnant so I don't have that sickening feeling of envy that comes when I see a preggo or newborn. And yes, it will go away when I get pg (see, me being optimistic about the "when"). The only reason I was able to withstand my SIL's baby shower this summer was because I was pregnant too(even though no one knew). So I know it goes away.

Originally, we were going to avoid people this holiday season, but then Dh came up with the brilliant idea to mess with them. If they ask when they're going to get another grandkid or greatgrandkid etc., say, "no, we're done." or "one's enough" or "we don't think it's economically responsible to have another in these trying times"... and then watch their jaws fall to the ground. Muwahaha. This I think I could do. Maybe then they will stop asking me and expecting me to be a breeding machine for their genetic information. We shall see.

How about you? How are you planning to deal with the holidays?

11 comments:

Cara said...

I'm not really sure, as always I imagine.

To be honest, I'm having an interesting year approaching otherwise celebratory days.

Did you see Mel's post about the holidays? It's definately worth checking out!

c. said...

If I'm not pregnant, I plan on using booze to get me through.

Hope the diet works for you, hon. Wishing you some good news soon. XO.

Antigone said...

Booze...I wish. After the year I've had, I'd love to have a drink. The holidays are going to be really difficult for me this year. I'm just going to surround myself with people as much as I can.

k@lakly said...

Booze always works, but I love your idea. You'd think people would know better than to ask you anything like that, maybe you can hit them on the head with the bottle first, then drink it.

~S said...

So, how's it all going? I'm on the diet/exercise train this month, and it seems to be a little harder than I thought. I'd like to get off at the next stop! Sadly, this has to be a lifestyle change, and I'm...well, pissed.
:-) I hope it's going better for you. Possibly we could encourage each other?!

As for the holidays, I hope that works for you. And booze is a good suggestion. Last weekend I finally had to tell my MIL (after she said something about another baby) that sometimes it's just hard. And that I was in the middle of miscarriage #2. That shut her right up. Sometimes blunt truth hurts, but helps.

Thinking of you today...hope you have some peaceful moments and a relaxing weekend.

Ya Chun said...

Wow, you sound so healthy. Good!

My dh just read something about caffeine worse then they thought. he said I can have no tea or chocolate next time... maybe while TTC too.

I am also irregular but never worried about it before. Now I wonder...

Holidays? What holidays?

G$ said...

Sorry for the irregular cycles, that blows chunks :(

You still amaze me with the exercise routine. I want to have that discipline.

Holidays - I am going to fake it til I make it. :)

Monica H said...

I'm going to eat my weight in pumkin pie- that's a lot of pie.

Then I'll wallow in my self pity :-)

charmedgirl said...

infertility is the worst torture one can ever imagine. it's a good idea to screw with relatives, that's for sure! i am going to do the holidays just like every other year......suck it up. and drink alcohol.

Julia said...

As far as I remember from my limited physiology exposure, prolonged folicular phase is no big deal, as long as the hormones are all where they should be when you do finally ovulate. It's annoying as all get out because you get fewer tries per given length of time, but medically I think it's not a red flag.

Messing with ILs-- what a great idea. Though whether the satisfaction is worth the aggravation, only you can tell... In case of my own MIL, sadly, it very rarely is. We mostly hid out last year. Though booze certainly had a place in my arsenal of defense mechanisms throughout last year.

Kim said...

I recently told a relative who asked if they when they would be getting a grandchild this: "I am sorry we don't seem to stock those at this store. I suggest trying elsewhere." I don't think they will be asking again. I am for messing with folks as often as possible if they are going to ask intrusive questions.