Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving



For those of you in the states, Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you are hoarding tons of succulent turkey, pumpkin pie and lush vino.

My mother and sister are coming over and I will spend time with just my son, Dh, my sis and mum. I am so grateful for the people I can count on. The people I can be myself around.

I am also grateful for all of you, who are hear through my wining, through the sadness, and hopefully happier times to come. Thank you guys!

What are you grateful for?

6 comments:

Julia said...

I am in between turkey and pie (and a lovely desert cranberry salad-- yum). Parents drove here across half the country, a quarter of it with smoke billowing out of from under the hood-- it seems the turbo in the car went, and so it will have to go see a repair man tomorrow. So I am thankful that they made it without the car breaking down all the way.

Have a yummy holiday!

c. said...

I'm not in the US, but I partook in some turkey (burgers) tonight. Yum.

No gratefulness here. I'm too bitter (and a bit tipsy at the moment) but, I'm happy to know you found a reason to be grateful. Happy Thanksgiving, my friend. XO.

Monica H said...

I'm thankful to be home after a long day...now I'm going to go sit on the couch with Mr. H and watch Home Improvement reruns :-)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Zil said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too. I'm still working on the "lush vino".

I am thankful - I keep repeating it, though I can't quite buy into it this year.

It's nice you have such wonderful people to support you.

Tash said...

Just enough wine, yet a coughing child kept me up 3 hours overnight. I'm not thankful for much, right now, save a functioning dishwasher.

Oh, and you. And all my friends in the computer. I honestly don't know how I'd keep on keeping on.

Cara said...

We had two kinds of turkey - traditional and grilled / smoked! Seriously - it was good!

Thankful for? Whew - the list is lengthy. As I said at the dinner table last night, "My family - most especially my husband and all my kids,here and in heaven".