My counsin-in law had her baby last week. I was over at her mother's house today and she was basically showing me pictures and saying, "oh, they just left, but they will be back in bit, so you'll probably see them". Like I have to pay homage to the new baby?
NO THANKS!!!!
Even before I became a db mom and was pregnant with A I didn't like other people's babies. For whatever reason, Dh's family and friends would thrust the slobbering things into my pregnant arms. I would then abruptly pass him on to Dh. Yick!
Of course, now we know it's worse.
There are exceptions though. MY babies. And my coworker's baby. And one of my friend's baby. I don't know why. I'm a baby discriminator I guess. You know how some people say, "all babies are cute"?. Well, I disagree. Most babies are NOT cute. They slobber and smell and stare at you with empty eyes.....and just look stupid.
In fact, when Dh and I were pregnant, my mother's reaction was, "but you don't even like kids!!". (of course she said the same thing when I told her I was becoming a teacher). And, as a general rule, she is correct.
So now you know my deep dark secret. I'm not a baby person. And if I don't offer to hold your baby, it's probably because I don't want to. But don't take it personally, you know.
(BTW, I left before said cousin in law could come back...HA! Escaped in the nick of time!)
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
i am NOT a baby person either...which makes infertility really ironic and ridiculous.
"I'm a baby discriminator I guess"
You are so funny...you made me laugh tonight!! Thanks!!!
Glad you escaped just in time!!!
I totally feel you...NOT all babies are cute!!!!
Hope ya'll have a great weekend!
Me either! Until they can hold their heads up, they freak me out. I hope it's different with mine :)
Sometimes I am, but certainly not lately. And every time I see a baby now, my first thought is, "ours was so much cuter."
I too am a BD (baby discriminator). If you went through infertility or experienced loss - then I'm happy for your pregnancy...happy to hear about it and talk with you and fawn over your little one.
If you're one of those annoyingly fertile people, then buzz off!
Post a Comment