Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Not envious...

I just learned today that one of our students is leaving us because she is 5 months pregnant.
Do I envy her or am I jealous?
Nope, not even in the slightest.

Of all the things I could have written in her goodbye card I wrote,
"I wish you the best of luck in all you decide to pursue".

That's about all I've got.

8 comments:

Julia said...

No, that really is not an enviable situation. I hope she has people around who will be able to support her and help her find her feet.

~S said...

Wow. Just wow. I don't have much else to say except that I'm thinking of you. And now your student and her baby.

**hugs**

c. said...

I've offered the whole luck thing, too, when congratulating someone on their pregnancy. Seems like such an odd thing to offer up, but not to me.

Unfortunately, she's going to need a lot more of it than most in her situation. I wish her lots of luck. Tons, actually.

PS Why is she leaving school? I mean, I know why but is she attending a school for pregnant moms instead?

Monica H said...

I always thought that if I got pregnant while I was still in school the baby would have lived- just to teach me a lesson. Now when I think back on it, I think of the baby dying between semesters or at graduation. Would I have been this devastated or thankful? I don't know.

I wish your student the very best.

missing_one said...

C, yes, she is going to a school where the pregnant mothers go for more support

Cara said...

Wow - just Wow - like it was said above. I can't imagine what this must be like for all involved.

Tash said...

zowie. Nice that there's a school there to attend.

CLC said...

Wow. Life is weird.