We have been having unseasonable warm (in the 70F/20 C range)weather and incredibly springlike. I can only assume this has to do with the global warming which will cause the snow pack to melt and CA to fall into a drought. (See? I'm a glass equivalent girl) And while everyone is out there enjoying the sunshine in their sunglasses, flipflops and shorts, I am ready to have an anxiety attack. I am not ready for spring. I am not ready for summer. I wanted to be in another place, to have accomplished more by the time the sun stays longer and higher in the day.
Then I read this on msfitzita's blog
May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.
Saint Theresa's Prayer
The second line gets me the most. I am exactly where I am supposed to be.
I have been mulling that over for two days now. That, and a good friend said to me a day or two ago, "Nothing worth fighting for is ever easy". So here I am. Doing what I am supposed to be doing. Right where I am supposed to be doing it.
Maybe I will bask in the strangely warm sunshine a bit.
(PS Thank you for all your comments. I am going in Monday, charts in hand! To the battleground I go armed and ready!)
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
St. Theresa's Prayer is a good one to have on hand! Glad that you seem to be doing better today and jealous that you have the sunshine and warmth!
Glad you are going in Monday...wishing you luck!
Oh, and yes, your friend is right...only the good things, those worth it are worth fighting for!
Watch out Evil OB - this girl is informed AND confident!
((hugs))
Remember you know your body better than any doctor. Don't let her marginalize your complaints. *hugs* let me know how it goes.
Karen
You deserve the sunshine- good luck Monday. I can't wait to see how it goes!
Monica
Good luck Monday! Thanks for posting St. Theresa's prayer...that is always a good one to be reminded of. Sending lots of *hugs* your way!
Post a Comment