Sunday, February 1, 2009

Plan of Attack.

I really like my OB/Gyn. She was ready to write the referral last appointment, but since the analyst said it would likely be turned down by the insurance, we are pushing forward with the Cl.m.d test this cycle. If I don't respond, then that is more evidence for the referral. She is testing and doing the things I wanted the RE to do anyways. I have read up and done my research, so I feel confident in this course of action. I have a few more months before I really want to "try" to get pregnant because with layoffs in our district, and me at the bottom of the senority chain, the more I can time it with little leave, the better. But we'll see. So I am not stressing at this point and just taking things in stride.

In the meantime, my goals are to get back onto a uber-healthy lifestyle. I have gone back on the sou.th.beach diet today. I want to lose ten pounds. I also want to get back to working out every day. The past couple of weeks I have started a dance class three times per week through the local com.munity coll.ege. Now I just need to do my elliptical, walks or a DVD the other days. All three times I got pregnant was right after I had just dropped some weight. I know my body will respond to this. Also, all the research says losing weight, no matter how small, can boost fertility.

I feel I am staying positive with things happening in my life. I am staying in the present and feeling hopeful toward the future. I am especially looking forward to Dh and I's weekend away. We are going to a B&B by the sea in a couple of weeks. The room has a private balcony looking over the ocean, a fireplace and a jacuzzi. If we only leave the room to eat once a day, I'll be a happy camper.

I am pushing forward. I am not putting my life on hold anymore. I say that I am working on these "projects". Projects without deadlines; getting pregnant, getting healthy, working toward a new career, baby, meditating. For awhile, I would not make plans because I "might" be pregnant, or was trying to get pregnant, etc. I'm not doing that anymore. I can't do that anymore. Pushing forward feels good. I feel in control; not of my life, but in control of me.

9 comments:

Monica H said...

Wow, it's so good to read this positive outlook of yours. It's refreshing and liberating. You are in control of you and I'm glad you've realized that. It's had to live your own life without wondering "what if". I have to admit, I'm guilty of that too.

Have a great time at the B&B. I hope you guys never leave the room!

CLC said...

It's great to read this!! I think we are all guilty of the planning on the what if's.

Ya Chun said...

Sounds like a good plan - and a vacation surely can help!

I need to boost my cardio activity on just two days yet. Getting there...

~S said...

I am SO with you on this! You have a much more positive outlook on it than I do, but my aspirations are the same. I'm rooting for you! You can do it! Thanks for the positive post. I appreciate your example.

Anonymous said...

i really think this is fantastic. if you put your time and energy into getting yourself into the best possible place, then i hope the rest will naturally follow!

Kim said...

What a positive attitude...I hope it's contagious!

Tash said...

Good for you. I love plans.

BasilBean said...

Yes, moving forward does feel good--especially when you realize that you have placed your life "on hold." I think that it is a totally normal response, to try to control the things you think you can control. But you are right, the only thing you really have control over is you.

It sounds like things are moving along well with the OB and I'm glad that she is testing and doing the things you want done.

Enjoy your time at the B&B! And the dance class sounds so fun!

Cara said...

Sounds like your taking each day for what it is. Pushing forward is a great strategy and losing even a few pounds will make your outlook even more positive.

xoxo