Thursday, May 28, 2009

Where do they come up with this stuff?

A, my son, in the car this afternoon:

Mommy, you need to go to the hospital to get a baby.

Me: Why?

A: Because I am getting too big and you need someone little. So the doctor needs to take a baby out of your tummy.

Me: Oh, ok.


Oh son, if only it were that simple....

9 comments:

Inanna said...

Oh if only. I wish I was still that innocent!

Monica H said...

I wish it were that easy!

charmedgirl said...

i asked the kids if they wanted me to have a baby for a while (SO STUPID!!) during the ivf treatments. thank god they were never really that into it...cause that woulda been bad.

they are, however, bringing up paige more and more...like outside with sidewalk chalk, "mom i'm writing paige's name!" or "paige died and she's not gonna grow up like me." it's strangely comforting that they know...but i'm certainly glad they don't go any farther with it...for now, i guess.

Michele said...

oh if only... sweet boy...

Cara said...

Ahh- their filter is just so pure and umcomplicated.

I remember thinking it worked that way too...vaguely

Bluebird said...

Oh, too precious. And "if only" indeed.

Kim said...

Kids are so beautiful in their innocence. While it's adorable when they say things like that I know it causes a twinge of pain. Congratulations on having such an adorable boy and I hope you get what you wish for soon.

The Mom said...

Don't you wish it were that simple!

Monica H said...

just checking in on you--wondering if you're okay.

~Monica