Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lucky.

Sometimes, especially lately, I feel as if I'm the luckiest person alive.
But then I remember that I've also been unlucky.
Fortunate and unfortunate
Life ebbs and flows.
Right now, I'm riding the wave.
Waiting for it to crash against the rocks at any moment.

G is getting so big. He's all smiles. He's almost sitting, almost rolling, almost crawling (he sort of scoots on his tummy).
A is almost a kindergartner. He's doing swim team this summer and is so far loving it.
MIL finished her first stint of chemo relatively unscathed.
It turns out I do have a job next fall and am just waiting for them to schedule me.
I'm actually looking forward to it, especially since it's only part-time, but also scared because it's at a new school
I have asked 4 people to write me letters of recommendation for my nursing school application and they all replied that they would be happy to.
I need a good score on the G.RE in a few weeks.

I've been excessively happy-giddy. I thought I might have a brain tumor or something. DH said I'm pretty messed up to think that 'being happy' means something's wrong with me. But then again, we've had such different grief journeys. I did some research on Dr. Google and I could be anemic. Fatigue and giddiness are signs. But part of me doesn't want to get it checked out because I don't want it to go away. How stupid is that?

4 comments:

mrsmaynard said...

Don't know man, I'm pretty happy giddy to these days and I don't think I'm anemic :) I just think our babies have entered the easier to care for and adorably cute phase, and we are so proud of our super cute developmental superstars that we could burst at the seems with said pride LOL. After all the misery and the long tough newborn days, were aloud to ride this happy wave awhile, that's what I say :) weee.
Don't worry, the anxiety and deep sadness of stillbirth is never far away, it will reappear when we least expect it. Enjoy the happy, it's hard earned.

Mary Beth said...

I think having gone through hell you're more fully aware of how wonderful being happy can be.

You've earned this happiness, enjoy it! It's all the goodness in the Universe making its way to you.

But, eat some spinach just to be safe ;)

Maggie said...

Oh Dr. Google is so evil sometimes! Enjoy the giddiness, I think you're allowed to feel happy. & you give me a whole lot of hope! :)

Brittney said...

Hi,
I'm not sure if I've commented before, but our situations seem similar. I have a 3 year old son and a baby boy whom we lost on March 12th, 2009, a day after his due date. I am currently pregnant with my rainbow baby, and I am so scared. Tell me, how did you endure your rainbow pregnancy? The paranoia is too much for me. I am 18 weeks now.