Don’t let them say I wasn’t born,
That something stopped my heart,
I felt each tender squeeze you gave,
I loved you from the start.
Although my body you can’t hold,
It doesn’t mean I’m gone,
This world was worthy not of me,
God chose that I move on,
I know the pain that drowns your soul,
What you are forced to face,
You have my word, I’ll fill your arms, Someday we will embrace.
You’ll hear that it was “meant to be,
God doesn’t make mistakes”
But that won’t soften your worst blow
Or make your heart not ache.
I’m watching over all you do,
Another child you’ll bear,
Believe me when I say to you,
That I am always there.
There will come a time, I promise you,
When you will hold my hand,
Stroke my face and kiss my lips and
Then you’ll understand.
Although I never breathed your air,
Or gazed into your eyes,
That doesn’t mean I never “was”…
An Angel Never Dies.
Monday, May 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
This one always makes me cry, too. I lose it at "you have my word, I'll fill your arms..." and then I cry the rest of the way.
This is my first visit to your blog. I am so, so sorry that your sweet Jessica isn't here. This community has been a life saver for me--reading about others on this god-awful journey and seeing that it was okay to feel what I was feeling. I wasn't crazy. It's okay to be angry. It's okay to despise pregnant woman. It's okay not to look inside an infant carrier and be the only one around not cooing over the baby. I've noticed that you've been writing very real feelings from the start and that is so good. I didn't do that for awhile, because I was caught of guard by the feelings that I was having (and still have sometimes). You will start to heal. It will get easier. And even though in real life, losing a child is the loneliest thing--it helps so much to know that you're not alone.
I'm so very, very sorry for your heartbreaking loss. You are so brave to open up and share and I hope you find the mending your heart needs. I will pray for comfort and peace and healing for you.
First, I just want to express my deepest condolences...I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet, sweet girl. On March 3rd, my husband and I lost our first child while I was in labor with her....our baby Birdie.
I can relate so much to you, and I want to send you so much love and support...and I would love to share my blog with you. I have had to make it private because of some awful people out there. If you send me your email address I can add you to my blog, something I would love to do.
birdiesmama@gmail.com
again, I am so sorry....
Post a Comment