Thursday, September 27, 2007

Ha, yeah, that's funny.....not

So apparently my body is an overachiever who is lazy.
On day 6 of the 10 day progesterone test, the bitch showed up.
So we finished the test early...and now I'm in pain, aye.
Even if you calculate that I skipped one last month, that would still give me an average 34 days.
Phone call:
Me: So I got my period, should I still take the progesterone to shock my system?
Dr: No, you can discontinue use
Me: Aren't you supposed to get your period when your progesterone drops off dramatically? If so, why did I get it when I'm doping up on the stuff? Am I just opposite girl?
Dr: Well, your natural progesterone was probably already declining so even with adding some it wasn't enough
Me: headvoice: opposite girl sounds way cooler
Me: Okay..another question, is it supposed to be black? It's freaking me out a little
Dr: *pause* Well, you haven't had one since July so it makes sense it would be dark.
Me: Okay. *headvoice...somehow black is a little fitting anyways and why does it make me think of meconium?*
Me: Okay, see you in a couple of weeks. I still have to get that bloodwork done.
Her: Okay, see you then.

In other randomness: At least an advantage to taking Mi.dol is I get an afternoon pick-me-up without the calories.

I caught myself fantacizing in the grocery check-out line about due dates and baby names.

Ah the twisted web we weave..

Nothing of substanance in this post...or you figured that out already.

4 comments:

Julia said...

Congratulations on the new arrival. May it only be late for a good reason from now on.

missing_one said...

one can only dream....*sigh*

niobe said...

Opposite girl *does* sound way cooler.

thrice said...

Black periods, dragged out periods, heavier periods etc. your body changes after pregnancy. Sigh. Ditto. On congratulations on the new arrival.