Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Seriously....?!?

6:02 am The first mistake I made today was getting out of bed.
7:08 already running late to work
7:15 realize I forgot to eat breakfast
7:25 stuck in traffic, found out later it was because someone hit a deer on the freeway
7:58 everyone laughs at me in the staff meeting for wanting to nominate a certain kid for senior awards
8:05 find out that someone heard the deer was still alive and on the freeway, suffering probably...
8:20 Logged onto mommy forum only to read that someone suffered two consecutive miscarriages....and was reaching out for help and information
8:30 student starts to pick a fight about going to the bathroom, when she was already late.
8:35 student thought he heard the word "edible" and ate part of a poison Oleander flower that another student brought in for lab
8:40 student breaks frosted glass disk on brand new microscope
8:45 realize I didn't bring any "supplies" and Aunt Flo was still visiting
8:50 I think a student smells like weed
9:05 Accidently bang my face(with glasses on) on one of the tables while getting up
9:20 Student decides to argue with me why we are not going to the computer lab today (because he wasted time yesterday and the day before!)
9:30 A student's soda explodes all over my floor. (nevermind the fact they aren't supposed to drink soda)
9:45 Two students decide it would be a good idea to pick up scissors and pretend to joust
10:15 Student makes a comment about how I am "grumpy" and seem "stressed"
10:30 Fire Alarm goes off
10:35 False Alarm, but even though the sound is off, the bright light is still flashing at an epileptic rate
10:40 Migraine
10:55 Get chewed out by boss because I didn't send the scissor students to the office(well, one in particular), also found out that the boy I thought smelled, didn't have anything, and just stinks. He was searched.
11:10 Student who I was going to nominate for an award apparently just ripped a schedule off my door in the hall
12:15 Go to pick up my son and find out that they put him in a Pull-up rather than keeping him in the underwear, fed the kids McD's because they were "good" at the store, and when I got there they were watching TV.

ARGH.

It's getting cloudy. I better stay indoors for fear of lightning.

5 comments:

Stacemoe said...

oh sweetie....I am so sorry you had such a rough day....Just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you and pray tomorrow is better!!!

Antigone said...

I want you to have a day off, unplugged, away from everyone and all the grief in the world. Maybe some sunshine and a cool breeze.

Some days the world is just too much to manage when we're carrying as much as we are.

k@lakly said...

Back in bed, covers up and over head, mindless tv in background, close eyes and SLEEP:)

Brenda - you can now find me at : www.lifecanbeashit.wordpress.com said...

I have to go and have a sleep from just reading that!

Hugs
xxx

Kim said...

Oh honey.  I HATE it when you choose a kid who isn't everyone's favorite, because those kids deserve recognition too, then people give you grief about it, and then the kid goes and acts up, seemingly proving the jerks who think only the goody-two-shoes kids deserve awards right.Teaching is not for sissies, that is for sure.Wishing you a peaceful weekend.