Monday, October 12, 2009

Here's to the Mundane!

I have come to be very appreciative of my normal everyday routine.
It's funny how the hours and days can be used up in just doing the normal day to day stuff. I get up, shower, make lunches for everyone, make breakfast, get A ready to go, take him to school, stuck in bad commute (it's been really bad) to work, work for a few hours, come home, eat lunch, straighten up the house, work out, pick up A , make dinner, then get him ready for bed or on Tues/Thurs go to class, come home go to bed, then start all over. Weekends are filled with cleaning and laundry and grocery shopping. But I don't mind. It makes the time go by. I feel like I'm just biding my time until I get to hold my baby. It's so hard this waiting and unknowing that I'm glad I don't have time to stop and think. Because when I do, I start to freak out and get sad.

So here's to the mundane. And here's to my family, without them I fear I wouldn't have much of a purpose these days. Just gotta keep swimming....is it January yet?

4 comments:

erica said...

I'm glad you're finding some comfort in the mundane - I do this, too. Sometimes thinking is what we need to do, and sometimes it's refreshing and necessary to take a break and focus on what we can manage in our daily lives.

Monica H said...

Everything I start to write comes across so dumb...

but I just wanted you to know I'm still here and reading even if i don't leave a comment.

xoxo,
Monica

Coggy said...

The mundane is what got me through. Just ticking off the days.

I know I've been absent but I'm so so so so happy for you. Unbelievably so. I won't use the C word but I will think it. :o)

Michele said...

amen. a boring day is a good day